This is a statement of fundamental beliefs and guidelines to which submissive leatherboys can ascribe voluntarily in their interactions with others in the Leather BDSM/Kink community.
This version of the creed was borrowed from http://www.evilmonk.org/
1. I will communicate with complete honesty my needs, desires, limits, and experience. I realize that failing to do so will not only prevent my Top and I from from having the best experience possible, but can also lead to physical and emotional harm.
2. I will not try to manipulate my Top. I will not push to make a scene go the way I feel it should. In other words, I will not Top from the bottom.
3. I will keep an open mind about trying things that I am not comfortable with and expanding my limits. I will continue to grow as a submissive and as a human being.
4. I will accept the responsibility of discovering what pleases my Top, and will do my best to fufill his wishes and desires.
5. I will not allow myself to be harmed or abused. I know that submissive does not equal doormat.
6. I will be courteous and helpful to my fellow submissives. I will share my knowledge and experience with others in the hope that they will learn and benefit from where I have been. I will take the time to help those new to the scene start out on the correct path.
7. I will be responsive to my Top. I will not try to hide what my mind and body are feeling so that I may assist him in his responsibilities as my Authority. I know that Dominants are not telepaths, and will not expect my Top to know thoughts or feelings which I do not share.
8. I will accept in the responsibility of a scene or relationship gone bad. I will not place total blame on my Top when it is not warranted simply because he is the Dominant. I realize that things may not work out as they should at times, and will do my best to put it behind me and move on.
9. I will give my gift of submission only to those that can responsibly accept and desire to receive. I will not place anyone in the position of Topping me non-consensually, nor will I give my respect to someone that has not earned it.
10. I know that D/s is not a contest, and will never think myself a “better” submissive because I choose to submit on a different level than another. I will not be boastful of the experiences I have had as a bottom.
11. I will be obedient to my Top even if I disagree with what He is requesting. I realize He has my best interests at heart and often knows better than I what I need in a particular situation.
12. I know that my actions reflect upon my Top, and will do my best to help others see Him in a positive way. I will not intentionally embarrass or displease my Dominant.
13. Above all, I will wear my title of submissive with honor. I will never cause others to think that being submissive means to be weak or sub-human. I will take pride in who and what I am and will never show myself in a negative way.
Words a submissive can live by!!